Boys Tribal Select Program
The Tribal Youth Select Lacrosse Program provides an enhanced lacrosse experience for players seeking more advanced play and instruction. The program complements the current town Classic Youth Lacrosse Program and provides additional games and practices to those who are seeking to supplement their lacrosse experience. You must be registered for the Classic Program in order to play in the Select Program. The Select Program is an opportunity for players with demonstrated ability to hone their skills, participate in a competitive level of play, and gain experience in a play-to-win environment. Continuing the Classic Program’s goal of fostering the love of the game, the Select program’s objective is to take a qualified team into the next level of play with other Select Programs. You must be registered in the Tribal Classic program to play in the Select Program. Selected players will be asked to register for their Select Team immediately upon notice.
Tribal Select is part of the Mass Bay Youth Lacrosse (MBYLL) Select Program and as such is governed by MBYLL rules and regulations and guided by the same mission and goals.
The 2018 Select Team Program fee is $385. Registration to the Select program is by invitation.
Registration for 2018 U15 Tribal Select Program: http://assn.la/Reg/?r=3:161354
Registration for the 2018 U13 Tribal Select Program: http://assn.la/Reg/?r=3:158993
1. Returning Select players will retain their 2017 numbers and should wear their 2017 Select pinnies. If a new or larger sized pinnie is needed, we will provide a new pinnie for use during the season. Loaned pinnies will be collected at the end of the season. You will be billed for an unreturned pinnie. If you are unsure of your 2017 number or a change to your number was made during the last season, we will do our best to accommodate you. Otherwise, thank you for not requesting a new number.
2. New Select players will be assigned a number and provided a pinnie for the season. Pinnies must be returned at the end of the season. You will be billed for an unreturned pinnie. Pinnies will be distributed at the first Select practice. Number requests will not be considered.
3. All players have the option of purchasing a Select Shooting Shirt for $40. We have a number of Shooting Shirts in sizes Adult XS - XXL. Shirts will be available for purchase at the beginning of the first few Select practices on a first-come, first served basis. Please bring a check for $40 made out to Tribal Lacrosse. Shooting shirts will not be distributed without payment.
**2018 Boys Tribal Select Lacrosse Tryouts: U13 and U15 - You must register in order to tryout.
Please use the following link or visit the online registration page:
The tryout fee is $20 (to cover field and coaching costs.) Tryouts will take place on Saturday, February 10th and Saturday, February 24th, from 6:00-8:00 pm. U13s (current 5th and 6th graders) will play the first hour; U15s (current 7th and 8th grade) the second hour. Players may choose to attend one or both tryout dates.
Tryouts will take place at Home Grown Indoor Sports at 400 Osgood Street, North Andover, Mass: http://www.hgrlacrosse.com/maps-directions/
If you cannot make either tryout date or you have questions please contact the Select Program Coordinator Jan Haas at email@example.com.
Benefits of the Program:
- Expanded Play: Additional Select Team games with local towns, and additional tournaments within Massachusetts
- Enhanced Skills Development w/Professional Coaching: Experienced coaches to help players more effectively prepare for high school and collegiate levels of play.
- Smaller Rosters: Providing more game play opportunities
- Simplified Travel: Compared to Club Leagues all practices and most games will be played locally
- Lower Costs: As a non-profit organization, the program fee is significantly lower than Club Leagues
- Community: A competitive option for more advanced players to play together with friends as a unified team within their town.
The Tribal Select practice and game schedules will not conflict with the Classic program’s weekly schedules. Players participating on a Tribal Select team MUST also participate in Tribal’s Classic program as it is designed to be an extension of the Classic program. The Tribal Select program will culminate with a series of playoffs, championships and an All-Star game.
Roster will be created based on:
- A multi-day tryout period before the spring season conducted by independent evaluators together with hired Select Coaches.
- Consultations with respective AGDs, Select Coaches, and Select Committee members on the final roster.
- Other roster considerations include:
- Notes and discussion on players during in-season game play and practice, winter session, and or other clinics.
- Positions decided by coach recommendation and player agreement at the U13 level
- Positions decided by specific position tryout according to player interest at the U15 level
Exceptions to tryout process may include illness or injury and recent location to the Tri-town area. All attempts will be made to provide a forum for all kids to be independently evaluated.
Roster Size: Roster will include up to 18 Players per team.
Cost: There is an additional fee for registration to Select Program. The fee is determined by the Board of Directors each fiscal year and is based on coaching needs, practice and field space, uniform, and tournament fees.
Coaches: Select Coaches are hired from outside the present Tribal parent community. Hired coaches have experience with/or knowledge of a minimum of college-level lacrosse, expertise with specific offensive and defensive play, and a focused attention to increasing the skill levels of each player through a thoughtful approach to practice plans and game-time play. Ideally, coaches will have at least 1 year of experience coaching youth lacrosse.
Practices: Select players will participate in one additional Select practice per week. This will enhance team cohesiveness and provide more opportunities for Select Coaches to know their teams and teach their players.
Communication: All communication to and from Select Coaches will go through the Tribal Select Program Director/Coordinator.
Expectations: This is a play-to-win program. Time on the field is not guaranteed for any player. Coaches are responsible for and will make all decisions on playtime, positions, and game strategy.
It is expected that all players will demonstrate a commitment to Tribal Select Lacrosse through:
- Attendance to Practice
- Strong Work Ethic
- Continued Improvement
- A High Level of Sportsmanship