Thank you for volunteering to coach in the Tribal Lacrosse Program. Coach registrtion will open in Janury. Please review the following information carefully. You will be reimbursed for all fees associated with coaching. All coaches must register with Tribal AND meet the appropriate team requirements. Scroll down for separate information to coach girl and boy teams.
Concussion Awareness for all Coaches
Please read the Tribal Concussion Action Plan
Printable version: https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.leagueathletics.com/Text/Documents/23423/89385.pdf
Coach Requirements for Girl Teams
1. Register with Tribal Lacrosse at http://assn.la/Reg/?r=3:175933
2. Register as a coach with US Lacrosse at https://www.uslacrosse.org/ and obtain a US Lacrosse number. This is REQUIRED.
US Lacrosse, as part of their SafeSport initiative, is now requiring that all adult coaching memberships complete a national background screening. This applies to new members and renewals. Anyone who fails to complete the screening will be restricted from coaching.
More information on the background screening can be found here: https://www.uslacrosse.org/blog/mandatory-background-checks-now-required-for-adult-coach-memberships
3. Coaches do not need certification but it is highly recommended and encouraged.
Coach Requirements for Boy Teams
Certification is required for head coaches. One certified coach must be on the field at all times.
1. Register as a coach on www.mbyll.org. This is required.
- Cost is $35 which covers MBYLL Coaching insurance, online resources, game administration, and coaching education materials. Tribal will reimburse the cost of MBYLL.
2. Register with Tribal Lacrosse at http://assn.la/Reg/?r=3:175933
3. For 1st time Certification Candidates: Complete three (one-time) online courses:
- USL's online course: Men’s Level 1 (good-for-life)
- USL's online course "How to Make Proper Contact" (good-for-life)
- Positive Coaching Alliance's online course: "Double-Goal Coach" (good-for-life)
- NOTE: During Coach registration, 1st time Certification Candidates will be required to indicate a need for the online courses and a USL Coaching Membership will be provided
4. Attend a MBYLL Clinic
- You must register at www.mbyll.org and complete all pre-requisites up to 36 hours in advance
- $50 clinic participation fee (due during registration) up to 36 hours in advance
- $75 clinic participation fee if registering less than 36 hours prior to clinic
- You have multiple options:
o MBYLL Introductory Clinic
o MBYLL Prepatory Clinic
o MBYLL Advanced Clinic (for renewing coaches only)
o Cannons Symposium (for renewing coaches only)
- Every MBYLL region is expected to have at least one Introductory / Preparatory Clinic and one Advanced clinic
Clinics run from early May to early April and will be available for selection on http://www.mbyll.org/